This is cover for the financial losses that result from being unable to trade due to an unexpected interruption. If a business is unable to trade because of an interruption, business interruption insurance would cover your lost income for up to 12 months. It would also cover the increased costs of working, which are those additional costs and expenses you incur in order to minimise a loss of income, for example the cost of renting an alternative office while your usual office is repaired following a fire.
Have your clients considered what would happen to their business if a key member of staff suffered a serious injury and was unable to work? Hiscox Personal Accident Insurance would provide them with a lump sum payment to help support their business or staff during this difficult period.
- Lump sum payment to the business, up to £100,000 if an employee sustains a physical injury as a result of an accident, either within or outside working hours, which results in their death or permanent disablement.
- Employee continuity cover – up to £10,000 cover for recruitment expenses. They can choose an existing recruiter or our preferred partner.
- Retraining budget – we will provide up to £10,000 funding to retrain the affected person for an alternative occupation if they cannot continue their former job.
- Funeral expenses –up to £5,000 to cover funeral costs. This would also cover repatriation costs if required.
Who is it for?
The product is suitable for small and medium sized businesses, charities, clubs and associations across a range of sectors, including:
- Clerical workers, such as management consultants, recruitment agents, technology consultants, solicitors and accountants
- Non-manual workers, such as surveyors, architects, health and safety consultants, facilities management staff and training providers
- Charitable staff and volunteers engaged in clerical or non-manual activities
- Clubs and associations engaged in clerical or non-manual activities.
Covers the clients PR costs in the event of a claim.
Tel: 01509 274004